I started my working career in accountancy for business and through life experiences redirected me to the love for counselling and psychotherapy. I have been known as the problem solver all my life and I decided to put my skills to good use and help others by becoming a counsellor and psychotherapist.
While training I realised that everyone has this ability to solve their own problems and find their own happiness but some do not understand the reasons why they are feeling the way they do or why certain blocks are in their way. This can cause stress, anxiety or confusion as to what is really going on and may keep a person stuck in their ways so they can’t see the forest for the trees.
Knowing your emotions, thoughts and feelings and responding to them in appropriate ways will be the greatest gift you can give yourself. Life taught me to believe that I can solve my problems and trust in living a worthwhile life.
I believe in giving back all that I have gained through my experiences and being supportive to others who ask.
Clients say they find me easy to talk to and I am a good listener. They find I am warm, have a calming presence, emphatic and insightful.
– BA (Hons) Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy with Dublin Business School
– Diploma in Eating Disorders, National Resource Centre for Eating Disorders in Ireland
– Certificate in Mindfulness
– Certificate in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Suicide and Self harm
– Certificate in Sexual Abuse treatment, Dublin Rape Crises Centre
– Diploma in Clinical Supervision
I am an accredited member of IACP and attend supervision according to the IACP guidelines and follow their ethical code of conduct.
I am a Clinical Supervisor since August 2020. I am I.A.C.P. Accredited.
Fees for Pre-accredited students is €65. Psychotherapists accredited €75.
Find more details on my services here!
Eating Disorders, Sexual trauma, P.T.S.D. (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) Depression and Anxiety.
Experience of issues such as Eating disorders, P.T.S.D, Depression and Anxiety, Sexual Abuse and Early Childhood Traumas, Anger Management and Emotional Bullying.
– Psychotherapist with Pieta House for suicide and self harm.
– Psychotherapist with Dublin Simon Community Services for homeless people.
– Psychotherapist with Irish Autism, family carers who have autistic children.
– Youth Worker with Drogheda Youth Service in various community projects, setting up groups, sports activities, outings and personal skills programmes.
Throughout the years, while raising my children, I developed a love of working with community projects and was involved in the following groups.
– One Family, supporting the helpline calls for lone parents.
– Founder member of PET (Parents Empowering Themselves) a support group for Lone parents in Balbriggan.
– NABCO, setting up of Pinewood Green Daycare Centre, Balbriggan and Chairperson of the Residence Association.
Am I the right therapist for you?
Finding a therapist who is right for you is most important. Feel free to contact me for a €30 consultation and learn for yourself how I work and get my perspective on your situation, then decided if we are a good fit. Ask questions about therapy and what to expect.
Taking the first step in getting support can be most difficult. Together, we can heal past hurts and develop healthier ways of coping with life’s difficulties. After a while you will learn to see things differently, empowering you to take control of your life and feelings.
“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change!”